This intense, total-body workout can improve strength, aerobic fitness, flexibility, coordination, and balance. The council which evaluates products and exercise, the American Council on Exercise (ACE), notes that, during a one-hour kickboxing workout, you can burn from 500 to 800 calories, which is up to twice the calories you burn during a one-hour step-aerobics class.
What are the Benefits of Cardio Kickboxing?
Cardio kickboxing is a great alternative for people who are becoming bored with regular gym exercises, such a brisk walking or jogging on a treadmill. They also provide an option for people who enjoy the “semi-dance” movements found in aerobics or step classes.However, they are not really geared towards the beginner or the elderly. The beginning cardio kickboxer must have above-average endurance, strength, and flexibility.
Contrary to popular belief, cardio kickboxing is a no-contacts exercise. No bags, no gloves, just a killer workout! Even the self-defense based moves, like punches, kicks and blocks are usually modified enough to reduce the occurrence of injury and to encourage fat loss, not fighting ability. Cardio kickboxing classes are set up with a kick and punch portion where the cardio burn is intense. The recovery period brings down your heart rate, but doesnt lower the difficulty.
Cardio Kickboxing and OxyELITE Pro – The #1 Thermogenic!
Using OxyELITE Pro with cardio kickboxing burns so much fat and at so little time! This is the NEXT LEVEL of fat burning, and it’s safe and effective to use!
OxyELITE Pro makes you get intense energy for workouts and makes your get endurance for your kickboxing workouts! So youre raring to go and do those punches! You burn fat and build muscle at the same time! OxyELITE Pro gives you the stamina to endure the cardio kickboxing workouts that demand flexibility and speed. It will give you the mental alertness and focus so you can meet the demands of your workout.
Before starting your workout, however, the ACE has several guidelines:
- Consider your current level of fitness. Don’t make an aggressive martial arts -based program your first foray into exercise. If you have arthritis, tight hamstrings, an inflexible back or other physical limitations, you might not be a good candidate for aerobic kickboxing.
- Even if you are in good shape and participate in cross training programs, take it easy until your body adapts to a new type of move. Drink plenty of water before, during and after your workout.
- When your start look, for a beginner class, an introductory technique class, or a progressive class during cardio kickboxing which you learn the basic moves and do them until you are comfortable doing them at a moderate pace before putting them into fast combinations. If these classes are not available at least find a class led by an instructor who includes beginner tips for all the moves and combinations.
- Among the basic moves are proper stance and how to punch and kick to avoid injury.
- If you use a tape to work out at home, start modestly and pay special attention to the instructions regarding proper fun. Working out in a room with a mirror can help you see whether you are doing the moves correctly.
- Beginners especially should avoid high kicks until they get used to the routine and become more flexible during cardio kickboxing
- Do not lock your joints when throwing kicks or punches.
- Do not overextend kicks. Kicks only as high as you can raise your leg while maintaining proper body alignment. Wear aerobic shoes or other lightweight athletic shoes designed for pivots and lateral movements. You could risk a sprained ankle if you wear running or walking shoes on carpet.
- Do no do too many repetitions of a single high-impact movement. Many experts consider eight one- foot hops to be the limit for most people.
- Do not wear weights or hold dumbbells when throwing punches, it jeopardizes your joints.
- Proper techniques for each move it the key to injury prevention. Any time that you strike the air with kicks or punches you are working on speed and form. In order to develop the larger muscles you have to have resistance. Hitting a heavy (punching) bag is similar to weight training because it provides resistance. Keith Vitall former world karate champion.
- Do not feel that you have to work out for the entire duration of a class . An hour is a long workout at such intensity.
OxyELITE Pro will help you with your kickboxing workouts by giving you more energy by helping you keep up with the intensity of your workouts. It will help you burn more fat and give you the endurance youve been dreaming of! So buy OxyELITE Pro now and get that workout now! It will give you the body that you’ve been wanting all along!